Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Game of Thrones - End of Season Three - NO SPOILERS

So I slept early last night without meaning to, putting the baby to bed, and woke up at midnight still in my day clothes. With the baby sound asleep I realized I could watch the final episode of Game of Thrones season 3, before heading to bed at 1am.

Sometimes as an adult we get to glimpse again the excitement and magic of Christmas morning... well ok it wasn't quite that exciting but it was lovely to curl up and with everyone in bed watch my favourite program undisturbed, while polishing off the last of the maltesers. It's the little things in life :)

I have already read the books and know what is going to happen for the most part, but decided recently to watch all the episodes in a row and catch up. Last night was the first time I actually had to wait a week to watch the show. It's great to watch, even if I do know what is going to happen. Peter Dinklage is awesome. I have become used to seeing him and empathizing with him, he's actually quite good looking? Anyone else agree? Anyway...

I just wanted to do a sort of overview of the tone because I was worried that tonights episode would be a let down after the 'red wedding' but it was polar opposite. There were a lot of grim moments last week, almost all the characters had a seismically life altering experience, for the worse, for the most part. I thought the last episode of the 3rd season was the opposite, offering hope for the future for almost ALL of the characters, or at least a way forward, when last week we couldn't imagine the way forward at all.

Now George R. R. Martin just needs to write the next book, because although I appreciate that he is involved in the show and that it must be his involvement that makes it good, I need to know what happens next. The book was due out 2 years ago, and its high time he got on with it.

That is all :) (See no Spoilers)

No comments:

My Shelfari Bookshelf

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog