Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Back Home From Ireland

So I had a great trip home, it was only for a week but MAN did I get a lot done. 

I just want to say thanks to everyone that made the time to come hang out with me, I know everybody can be busy with life, and I took a week to come and interrupt all of that but I saw some amazing castles, and had some great times with the people I love.

The first castle I saw was Humewood in Kiltegan, Co Wicklow. It was astonishing. 12 bedrooms, each with its own bathroom and a canopy over most of the beds and bath tubs. My cousin Ciara came with me and I discovered we have a lot in common, with a family like mine its a wonder I even have friends, because I could score a lifetime of best friends from this amazing group of people. They are my kindred spirits really, and I can't wait to see them all again.

We also looked at Barberstown castle in a small town called Straffan, Co Kildare. The reception venue looked amazing, stunning, truly, but, it felt like it was missing some warmth, or something, well it was hard to put my finger on it anyway, maybe it was the cost??

I found an amazing french baker who used to be a chef but now loves the artistry of decorating, which I think is the perfect combination for a wedding cake maker. His chocolate biscuit cake is amazing, and his ideas for incorporating our theme into the cake design have me really excited. I still have to talk to one other lady about cakes, who I really hit it off with, before I make my decision, but all in all I am in a much better position to make most of the wedding decisions than I was before my week in Ireland.

Being able to see my family too was the icing on the cake, and made the whole trip just that bit more sweet.


No comments:

My Shelfari Bookshelf

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog