Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Eat, Pray, Love

So this is a book written by Elizabeth Gilbert, this was #1 on the New York Times Bestseller list, and this status in my humble opinion, is well deserved.

Eat, Pray, Love is divided into 3 sections, generally about, eating, praying and loving, and there is so much depth and soul baring I had a really hard time putting it down, so much soul nudity :)

I feel like I have a lot in common with Liz but I also have a hard time with that because I am sure that a lot of people that read that book, want to do what she did, and deal the way she deals, and I don't like the thought that I am doing or feeling what everyone else is doing and feeling. 

I know its silly, but maybe I should just let the feelings and thoughts from the book sit with me a while and see what they do to me, and not worry about everyone elses reactions.

Great books like that really affect me on a deep level. I am one of those people that takes good things from books and movies and unconsciously incorporates these into my thinking and into my life and how I see the world. I think we all do a little bit, but its trying to decide what to do about my life in particular as a result of these new thoughts and feelings, I feel as though they are opening my mind and heart, it all feels like a newer healthier outlook, and I want to incorporate it, because it feels good for me.

I like who I am at heart, and want to express that more than I do, and Eat, Pray, Love seemed to be all about getting back to yourself, scrubbing away the barnacles on your soul, although I am a sucker for 'me too' moments, I really think I could do a lot with Liz's revelations and journey, yes I think I can and I just might.


No comments:

My Shelfari Bookshelf

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog